Since 18 March 2023, the international day of political prisoners, Eda Deniz Haydaroglu, 22, is waging an open hunger strike in Berlin, Germany demanding an end to the fascist 129A/B law. Join us on 5 May at 7PM Central Europe in this Twitter storm using #Hungerstreik129
The fascist 129A/B law has been used by the German state in the past year to jail four revolutionaries from Turkey: the anti-fascists Özgül Emre, Serkan Küpeli and Ihsan Cibelik, member of the music band Grup Yorum, and Hasan Unutan, father of three. The German Government uses for this persecution the paragraph 129b, which is highly dangerous. It is a relic of the Nazi era and a direct successor to the National Socialist treason law. The Allies had banned the law, but it was reinstated in the course of the 1st Criminal Law Amendment Act in order to “prevent Nazis from gaining strength”. In reality, through these paragraphs, it is mainly opposition members from Turkey who are persecuted and imprisoned.
The demands of the hunger strike are:
- The pre-trial preventive detention against the revolutionary and anti-fascist prisoners Özgül Emre, Ihsan Cibelik, Serkan Küpeli and Hasan Unutan must be lifted.
- Facebook posts and digital files must not be used as evidence.
- The reports of the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution are not legitimate and must not be used as evidence.
- Attorney General Peter Frank must explain what he discussed with Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and what he was honored for in Turkey.
- The fascist §129 a and b must be removed from the law.
- All antifascist and revolutionary prisoners must be released immediately.
For more information: https://antiimperialiststruggle.noblogs.org/en-US/post/2023/04/22/eda-hunger/
Eda Haydaroglu has been on hunger strike since 18/03 in Germany against the fascist 129A/B law. Accept her demands, smash the 129A/B law! #Hungerstreik129 @bmj_bund Click To Tweet
Eda Haydaroglu is on hunger strike against the Nazi era 129A/B law. Accept her demands, smash the fascist 129A/B law! #Hungerstreik129 @bmj_bund Click To Tweet