Since Ibrahim and Helin are back at their resistance house since yesterday and Mustafa Kocak was transferred to Kiriklar 1 No. F Type prison last night, we actualized the phone numbers to be called….
Dear friends, dear Supporters!
As it happens at the moment to many of us, who want to organise something, we also have to postpone very important public solidarity actions and meetings about the very critical issue of ongoing death fast in Turkey!
We’ll continue to give a voice to the death fast resistance of Mustafa Kocak and Grup Yorum Yorum members Helin Bölek and Ibrahim Gökcek.
Therefore we especially ask your solidarity in this moment !
1) Please write E-Mails to the Turkish Ministry of Justice, to the embassies in your countries, call at Izmir Kiriklar prison (where Mustafa Kocak was captured yesterday night), tell them that force feeding is against human rights and that their demands shall be accepted.
And please (this is a NEW INFO and a request from Mustafa) CALL to Sakran prison, where they really badly tortured Mustafa.
2) Please produce and send us short video messages in support of the death fasters..
(addresses and phone numbers you’ll find below)
Death fast resisters HELIN BÖLEK and IBRAHIM GÖKCEK from the leftist protest band GRUP YORUM have been under threat to be force fed for several days.
They were kept at Ümraniye Education and Research Hospital by force, after a police raid was launched to the resistance house in Armutlu in the night of 11th March.
Since yesterday evening (16th March) they could return to their house, because of their strong resistance and support of families and friends against force feeding.
WHY GRUP YORUM RESISTS?
All what Grup Yorum members Ibrahim and Helin want is the end of attacks on their arts, the removal of concert bans, the annulation of wanted lists, the end of permanent police attacks and destruction in their cultural center, the end of arbitrary trials and freedom for their imprisoned members.
Death fast resister MUSTAFA KOCAK has been continuing death fast in Sakran prison (Izmir) and was transfered to the same prison’s hospital for force feeding on 13th March.
His family and lawyers gathered in front of the prison all the time to ensure, that the authorities won’t harm him by forced intervention. Yesterday night he was captured in an ambulance vehicle to the Kiriklar F type prison Nr.1 in Izmir without informing the family.
TORTURE IN SAKRAN:
Now, after he could talk to his lawyer, the cruels of torture they did to Mustafa in Sakran were brought to public:
He told that he resisted force feeding torture for 5 days.
-73 bottles of serum were bursted on him..
-Mustafa’s arm is full of hematomas..
-Even his head was trusted up because he tried to remove the serum with his teeth…
– He was fixed with 8 handcuffs and 8 footcuffs.
-They put something in his mouth to prevent him from shouting…
-His head and body were fettered with ropes
-They told him, ‘we’ll cripple you and let you go’
– Mustafa told that there were present many officers of the secret service, as well as doctors, the prosecutor of the prison and the prison director. He said they had all witnessed what happened and even joined from time to time.
-He was not allowed to go to toilet and forced to urinate on himself, while not being washed.
– He was sexually abused, by putting a truncheon to his anus.
– He was insulted, offended, abused..
– When he tried to take off the serum, they put it on his legs by force
– Ahead of all that, they psychologically tortured him with laughter and by saying ‘Oh you woke up, you feel good now, don’t you Mustafa?’
While they used all that torture crimes, his lawyers and family were prevented to see him with the excause that his immune system was to weak and that it could be a risk for him because of corona virus!
Mustafa has a message to us: “I’m going to continue my resistance. The venes that bursted are my honor!”
WHY MUSTAFA KOCAK RESISTS?
He was sentenced with life imprisonment, only because of a statement, which was signed under police torture and which was even retracted later!
All what he wants is a fair trial!
All current news about the case is being published on our Facebook account Anadolu Newsblog as well as on Twitter account of the solidarity group #FreeGrupYorum
Please make short solidarity videos with your mobile phones and write following sentences on a paper or just speek that text: “I support the just demands of Grup Yorum and Mustafa Kocak. Force feeding is torture, it’s a crime! Mustaf Kocak and Grup Yorum aren’t alone!”
We want to publish those messages as soon as possible.
You can publish the videos directly on your homepage and other social medcias and in that case send us the link.
Otherwise please just send the video to our E-Mail address and we’ll put it on the web: firstname.lastname@example.org
Solidarity hunger strikes and other death fasts
– Political prisoners Didem Akman and Özgür Karakaya started death fast as well.
– Lawyers of People’s Law Office and CHD, whom were arrested with the same arbitrariness as their clients, by the statements of a police informant, just because they carried out their profession as lawyers and denounced the state crimes, are on indefinitely hunger strike for over a month. They also demand justice for their clients and an independent jurisdiction.
– Political prisoners of different jails in Turkey are on indefinite hunger strike in solidarity with the death fasters and against the bad conditions in the prison.
-There are also indefinite and rotative solidarity hungerstrikes for the death fasters in different countries of Europe.
As far as we followed, due to the risk of force feeding against Mustafa Kocak at Sakran prison, political prisoners in Sakran prison as well as at Kandira F Type prison protested against force feeding by setting their cell on fire on 15th March..
We prepared a short VIDEO about the death fast. You can watch it here:
Long Live International Solidarity!
Freedom and Justice for Grup Yorum and Mustafa Kocak!
MAKE CALLS FOR MUSTAFA KOCAK:
(Torture is a Crime, you committed a big crime! We know how you tortured Mustafa!)
Izmir 1 Nolu T Typ Gefängnis (Sakran prison)
TEL:0090 232 618 10 13
(Force Feeding is a crime, don’t be an accomplice!
His demands have to be recognized!)
Kiriklar 1 Nolu F Type prison
Phone: 0090 232 427 12 12 or
Phone: 0090 232 427 11 91
WRITE or MAKE CALLS FOR MUSTAFA KOCAK, IBRAHIM GÖKCEK AND HELIN BÖLEK:
Ministry of Health
(Stop force feeding!!)
Phone: 0090 312 585 10 00
Ministry of Justice:
(Accept the demands of the death fasters)
Phone: 0090 312 417 77 70
Presidency of the Republic of Turkey:
Phone: 0090 312 525 55 55
DEATH FAST- by 17th MARCH 2020
Grup Yorum-guitar bassists Ibrahim Gökcek: 274 DAYS
Grup Yorum- solist Helin Bölek: 271 DAYS